1 the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977 [syn: Department of Energy, Energy Department, Energy]
2 mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'
- (UK): /dəʊ/, /d@U/
- (US): , /doʊ/, /doU/
- Rhymes: -əʊ
- (female deer): hind (female red deer)
female rabbit or hare
- alternative spelling of do
- 1620 Mayflower Compact
- ...a voyage to plant ye first colonie in ye Northerne parts of Virginia, doe by these presents solemnly & mutualy in ye presence of God...
- first-person singular present tense of doen
- imperative of doen
- Doe: A deer.. a female deer.
Doe may also refer to:
- Do-re-mi, a system of note learning.
- D.O.E., a United States rapper.
- Doe, a singer from Brooklyn, NY.
- Doe (ethnic group), a people of coastal Tanzania
- Doe language, spoken by the Doe people
- Ernest Doe & Sons, tractor manufacturers and agricultural merchants
- John Doe or Jane Doe a name used as a placeholder for an unknown or anonymous person, especially in a legal context
- Samuel Doe (1951–1990), the president of Liberia
- Do (singer). A Dutch singer. Her name is pronounced as 'doe'.
- Doe River, a river in Tennessee, USA
DOE or DoE can be an acronym or initialism for:
- Department of the Environment (disambiguation page)
- the United States Department of Energy
- the Department of Energy in the Philippines
- Design of Experiments
- the Duke of Edinburgh and the The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- the doctrine of equivalents in patent law
- Dyspnea On Exertion or exertional dyspnea, in medicine
- Depending on experience, mentioned in job offers where compensation is to be negotiated
- any Department of Education (NOTE: U.S. Department of Education's acronym is ED.)
- Distributed Objects Everywhere in distributed computing
- Diffractive Optical Element in optics
- Date of Effect, the date an event comes into effect, used in contracts.
- depending on extra, movies
- Date Of Execution (When sentenced to the death penalty in the U.S. after a while you're given a D.O.E.)
- Dreams of Elwood, an indie rock group from New Zealand
- A Diagram of Effects is a Gerald Weinberg tool for reasoning about non-linear systems.
doe in German: DoE
doe in French: DOE
doe in Italian: DOE
Belgian hare, Cape elk, Partlet, Virginia deer, antelope, biddy, billy, billy goat, bitch, bossy, brood mare, buck, bunny, camel, camelopard, caribou, cottontail, cow, deer, deerlet, doeling, dromedary, eland, elk, ewe, ewe lamb, fallow deer, fawn, filly, gazelle, giraffe, gnu, goat, guinea hen, gyp, hare, hart, hartebeest, he-goat, heifer, hen, hind, jackrabbit, jenny, kaama, kid, lapin, leporide, leveret, lioness, mare, moose, mountain goat, mule deer, musk deer, nanny, nanny goat, okapi, peahen, rabbit, red deer, reindeer, roe, roe deer, roebuck, she-bear, she-goat, she-lion, slut, sow, springbok, stag, tigress, vixen, wildebeest